Garage Door Repair Oklahoma City OK
Your garage door is one of the most important parts of your home. It protects your car and other belongings from the elements, and it provides a secure entrance to your garage. But like any other piece of machinery, garage doors can sometimes malfunction. If you’re having problems with your garage door, don’t panic! There are a few common problems that you can troubleshoot yourself. Contact our experts at Garage Door Repair Oklahoma City OK for assistance.
Most Common Garage Door Problems
1. Broken spring
Broken springs are one of the most common garage door problems. Springs are responsible for lifting and lowering the door, so if a spring breaks, the door won’t be able to open or close properly.
To troubleshoot a broken spring:
- Disconnect the garage door opener from the door.
- Try to lift the door manually. If it’s very difficult to lift, or if it lifts unevenly, then the spring is probably broken.
To fix a broken spring:
- Call a professional garage door repair company. Replacing a garage door spring is a dangerous job, so it’s best to leave it to the experts.
2. Worn-out cables
Garage door cables are responsible for keeping the door on track as it opens and closes. Over time, the cables can wear out and fray. If a cable breaks, the door could fall off track or even come crashing down.
To troubleshoot worn-out cables:
- Inspect the cables for signs of wear or fraying. If the cables are damaged, they need to be replaced immediately.
To fix worn-out cables:
- Call a professional garage door repair company. Replacing garage door cables is another dangerous job, so it’s best to leave it to the experts.
3. Malfunctioning opener
If your garage door opener isn’t working properly, it could be caused by a number of things, such as a power outage, a broken remote, or a problem with the opener itself.
To troubleshoot a malfunctioning opener:
- Check to make sure that the opener is plugged in and turned on.
- Try using a different remote to open the door.
- If the opener is still not working, you may need to call a professional garage door repair company.
4. Off-track door
If your garage door is off track, it won’t be able to open and close properly. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a bent track, a broken roller, or a problem with the springs.
To troubleshoot an off-track door:
- Inspect the track for any signs of damage. If the track is bent, it will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Check the rollers to make sure that they are not broken or damaged. If a roller is broken, it will need to be replaced.
- If the track and rollers are in good condition, then the problem may be with the springs. If so, you will need to call a professional garage door repair company.
5. Damaged panels
If your garage door panels are damaged, it could be caused by a number of things, such as a storm, vandalism, or a car accident.
To troubleshoot damaged panels:
- Inspect the panels for any signs of damage. If the panels are cracked or dented, they will need to be replaced.
To fix damaged panels:
- Call a professional garage door repair company. Replacing garage door panels is a complex job, so it’s best to leave it to the experts.
Tips For Preventing Garage Door Problems
There are a few things you can do to help prevent garage door problems:
- Lubricate the moving parts of your garage door regularly. This will help to keep everything running smoothly and prevent premature wear and tear.
- Inspect your garage door regularly for any signs of damage. If you see any problems, such as bent tracks, cracked panels, or frayed cables, have them repaired immediately.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your garage door. A professional garage door repair company can inspect and lubricate your door, and identify any potential problems before they cause a major failure.
f you’re having problems with your garage door, don’t hesitate to call a professional garage door repair company. They can diagnose and fix the problem quickly and efficiently, so you can get back to using your garage door safely and reliably.
Address – 1000 NW 80th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73114, United States
Phone Number – +1-405-563-8982